A traveblog from Mexico

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fin

A bit of a misadverture my last full day in Mexico. I was booked to dive with the same shop I did yesterday, but then this morning the other divers cancelled and they didn´t want to send out a boat with just me (understandable). So the guy from that shop got me on another boat. The group wanted to do a more advanced dive (120 feet), which I reluctantly agreed to - big mistake. I was, so to speak, in over my head, couldn´t descend, burned though way too much air, ended up slighly panicking 70 feet under the surface. Not good. I recovered and had an OK second dive but I am all beat up, tired, sore and woozy. Not ideal. Still a great dive (at least the second one) and still a wonderful place to dive (saw a really active sea turtle poking around the reef), but I am happy to be done with diving for the time being.

***

So I will likely add some more photos here in the next week, and perhaps an observation or two but this is probably it. Thanks for ¨coming along¨ with me to Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment